Friday 28 March 2014

Mumbai Diaries Entry 1: The Kings of Mumbai

THE KINGS OF MUMBAI?
Who are the kings of Mumbai? The Government? Psssshhh. They ain't doing anything. The Minister? probably "busy" finding out ways of making money. The police? Naaaa. Those typical Bollywood style Dons? Not really sure if they exist. So who is it? (Miss J: P, are we gonna tell them?)
It issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
THE TAXI AND AUTO WALAS 
That is the taxi and autorickshaw drivers.
What? What? What?
Now I know you people must be confused. The taxi drivers? Seriously?
The Mumbaikars will silently agree. #TrueStory
Now let me explain. Just give me a moment.
You need taxis and autos (short for autorickshaws) everyday especially if you are below 18 like us. Taxis and autos take you places. Because let's be real who uses the public bus anymore? Ain't nobody doing that. So you spend 50 times more to travel in the "taxi" and around 30 times more for the "rickshaws" than the bus. 
(Note: For Non-Mumbaikars: In Mumbai, travelling locally is very different than other countries and cities. The Taxis and Rickshaws are the vehicles used to travel daily for those who don't have cars and bikes and scooters and all that stuff or the people who can't drive till they are 18. Which is around 60-70% of the population. And even though taxi drivers cannot say no and have to take you wherever you want, it doesn't happen. They do what they  want)
These taxi drivers don't want to go from Andheri West to Andheri Eest. They don't want to go from Ghatkopar East to Ghatkopar West. They don't want to go to Valkeshwar. Where do they want to go?
I don't know! They just say no. Or even worse go away without even replying. I mean What The Hell! How can they do that? They can't
I swear I cannot remember the number of times I have been rejected by these taxi and rickshaw drivers. No one has ever rejected me as much as you, you drivers. They say no as and when they feel like. 
So ultimately what happens is: you wait for about an hour (not joking here) till someone says yes and takes you to your destination. And then you get stuck in traffic which is 24/7 in Mumbai. Why you do this to me?
And what's worse? (What can be worse than this???) Yesss, They get their wants fulfilled while the people cannot do anything about it! I mean the taxi and rickshaw fare increased one day after they went for a strike and stopped all the taxis and rickshaws for a day. From Rs.9 to Rs.12 to Rs.15 finally for the rikshaw and from Rs.11 to Rs.14 to Rs.19 for the starting fare of the taxi. Sayyyy Whatttttttttttttt???
And when the people protested for the fact that the taxi and rickshaw drivers say no and don't agree to take people where they want, what happened? Nothing!!!
And not to mention the rise in these starting prices cut deep deep holes in a man's pocket.
Once this incident happened to me (Miss P), I had gone to my brother's house for some work. He lives in Andheri East. So for coming home I was standing for an rickshaw patiently. 1 hour and 30 minutes later I finally get the rickshaw and I am relieved. Only to realize that now is the peak time, the rush hour, when everyone comes home, and mind you it took me 3 hours to come home instead of the usual 30 minutes. 
How I hate such situations! Comment/tweet us if you have ever experienced any such thing in Mumbai or elsewhere or if you just want to tell me what you think about this! Shouldn't this stop? 
So I am going for All India Bakchod's The Royal Turds Show at Bandra tomorrow at 4:30 p.m. IST so I will be writing about it mostly. So Mumbai Diaries Entry 2 The Royal Turds Show coming real soon ;)
For those who don't know All India Bakchod is a group of people who make really amazing relatable videos on YouTube and The Royal Turds is a part of them who host award show kinda shows where they award The Worst ... titles. They are really amazing and I think you should go check them out. (They are popularly known as AIB)
Also mail us, comment, tweet us, and all that stuff
Until next time.....

Love you,
Xoxo,
Miss J and Miss P

Email us: thosemumbaigirls@gmail.com
Tweet us: @mumbaigirlsblog

All India Bakchod:
YouTube: All India Bakchod
Twitter: @allindiabakchod
Follow the Members on Twitter:
Rohan Joshi: @mojorojo
Tanmay Bhat: @thetanmay
Gursimran Khamba: @gkhamba







PS: Tell us if you are coming for the show tomorrow or if you see their videos and let us know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment